Not showing images

Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός

May 15, 2018, 5:15:52 AM5/15/18
to Orthanc Users
Hello, I just installed Orthanc and still trying to figure it out.

So I selected a DICOM from an MRI BREAST Dataset, and viewed it with RadiAnt Dicom Viewer. It worked fine.
I uploaded the same DICOM to Orthanc, and I tried to view it with all the options provided(Osimis viewer, Orthanc Viewer), but all I got was a black image.

Alain Mazy

May 15, 2018, 6:11:44 AM5/15/18
to Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός, Orthanc Users
Could you provide us with an anonymized sample file that we can use to reproduce the problem ?
--

Alain Mazy / CTO
a...@osimis.io / +32 494 31 67 27

Osimis

OSIMIS S.A.
Rue bois Saint-Jean 15/1BE-4102 Seraing
www.osimis.io

Twitter LinkedIn

Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός

May 15, 2018, 6:17:19 AM5/15/18
to Orthanc Users
The dataset I am using is free so, the file I tried viewing, is attached.
000001.dcm

Sébastien Jodogne

May 15, 2018, 9:42:34 AM5/15/18
to Orthanc Users
This image is properly displayed by Orthanc 1.3.2 and its Orthanc Web viewer, as shown on the following screenshot:

Alain Mazy

May 15, 2018, 11:56:00 AM5/15/18
to Sébastien Jodogne, Orthanc Users
Indeed, it's not displayed by the WebViewer 1.1.0.  I have filed the issue in our bug tracker.  Thanks for the report.

Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός

May 16, 2018, 4:05:49 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
I also want to add that this happened the first time that I installed orthanc. Following another post here, someone suggested re-installing which I did, and the problem still occured.
Hope that it helps

Sébastien Jodogne

May 16, 2018, 4:15:44 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
Just to clarify the situation:
  • The *Osimis* Web viewer 1.1.0 is affected by your issue, and Osimis will take care of it.
  • The *Orthanc* Web viewer 2.4 is *not* affected by your issue (check out my previous screenshot).
Those are two different plugins. Until the issue is fixed in the Osimis Web viewer, you can thus use the Orthanc Web viewer, that is also included in the Windows installer:

Sébastien-

Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός

May 16, 2018, 4:56:36 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
Orthanc Web viewer is still not showing the image on my system.
Is there anything I should install/configure, besides the out-of-the-box plugins  packed with the installer?
I also tried another image and still can't show it.

This is the log report, if it might help:
E0515 15:37:21.122742 PluginsManager.cpp:164] (ImageController) std::exception SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 15:37:21.125739 PluginsManager.cpp:164] (ImageController) std::exception SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 15:48:16.672194 OrthancInitialization.cpp:594] No modality with symbolic name: null

E0515 15:48:28.697229 OrthancInitialization.cpp:594] No modality with symbolic name: null

E0515 15:48:30.283476 OrthancInitialization.cpp:594] No modality with symbolic name: null

E0515 15:48:35.465858 OrthancInitialization.cpp:594] No modality with symbolic name: null

E0515 15:48:43.299147 OrthancInitialization.cpp:594] No modality with symbolic name: null

E0515 17:11:52.478543 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Cannot decode image using GDCM: Unsupported output photometric interpretation

E0515 17:11:52.484542 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Cannot decode image using GDCM: Unsupported output photometric interpretation

E0515 17:11:52.496532 PluginsManager.cpp:164] (ImageController) std::exception SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 17:11:52.591525 PluginsManager.cpp:164] (ImageController) std::exception SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 17:12:02.620507 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Cannot decode image using GDCM: Unsupported output photometric interpretation

E0515 17:23:39.203320 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Cannot decode image using GDCM: Unsupported output photometric interpretation

E0515 17:23:39.205316 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Cannot decode image using GDCM: Unsupported output photometric interpretation

E0515 17:23:39.231300 PluginsManager.cpp:164] (ImageController) std::exception SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 17:23:39.235297 PluginsManager.cpp:164] (ImageController) std::exception SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 17:23:57.514126 PluginsManager.cpp:164] SQLite: Cannot run a cached statement

E0515 17:23:57.514126 PluginsErrorDictionary.cpp:111] Exception inside the plugin engine: Error encountered within the plugin engine

E0515 17:52:20.564147 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Cannot decode image using GDCM: Unsupported output photometric interpretation

Sébastien Jodogne

May 16, 2018, 6:17:46 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
Hello,

This is an update to this issue. I hereby confirm that I can reproduce your problem, but only on Windows: GNU/Linux is not affected.

Contrarily to what I have written before, the issue seems to entirely lie within the *Orthanc* Web viewer plugin. The *Osimis* Web viewer plugin seems to work.

Please could you give another try reinstalling Orthanc using the official installer, but without enabling option "Web viewer of medical images" (this option corresponds to the Orthanc Web viewer)?

Sorry for the noise,
Sébastien-

Sébastien Jodogne

May 16, 2018, 6:35:19 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
Another update.

The two plugins "Orthanc Web viewer 2.4" and "Osimis Web viewer 1.1.0" seem to be incompatible on Windows.

The installer works properly as long as the two plugins are not enabled simultaneously.

It would be nice if someone else could validate this behavior.

Sébastien-

Sébastien Jodogne

May 16, 2018, 6:43:44 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
Yet another update.

The installers 18.4.4 are *not* affected by this issue. Please use them until this issue is solved:

Sébastien-

Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός

May 16, 2018, 6:50:07 AM5/16/18
to Orthanc Users
I'm going to install 18.4.4 now and see how it works. If you need any other info, please let me know, I'm glad I can help in any way.

Alain Mazy

May 17, 2018, 5:41:53 AM5/17/18
to Ηρακλής Σκεπασιανός, Orthanc Users
With the Installer 18.5.0, it indeed happens only if both the OrthancWebViewer and the OsimisWebViewer are loaded together.
If you disable the OrthancWebViewer (remove its DLL from the Plugins folder and restart), the OsimisWebViewer works fine.

I'll try to update the Installer such that only one of this plugin may be installed.

Sébastien: my guess on the issue:
OrthancWebViewer installs a OrthancPluginRegisterDecodeImageCallback that is using GDCM which can not handle this kind of image
OsimisWebViewer uses the Orthanc decoder which can handle the image.
When both plugins are running, the OsimisWebViewer is using the decoder installed by the OrthancWebViewer.
So, disabling GDCM decoding in the OrthancWebViewer might fix the issue as well but, setting "EnableGdcm":false does seem to deactivate it (at least when both plugins are loaded).

Sébastien Jodogne

May 18, 2018, 6:25:50 AM5/18/18
to Orthanc Users
This issue is now solved in the Osimis installer 18.5.2:
https://www.orthanc-server.com/download-windows.php

For reference, the problem was that both viewers were using the same location for their caches. It is fixed by this changeset:

HTH,
Sébastien-