Using Transfers accelerator plugin with Lua script

Yash Sonalia

Apr 5, 2023, 2:55:34 AM4/5/23
to Orthanc Users
Hi everyone!

I am trying to use the transfers accelerator plugin but I think I am not using/understanding it correctly.

So my workflow is relatively simple, I am using Horos as my local router, and 2 Orthanc servers, one primary and one secondary.

When I route scans from Horos, I want them to go to secondary Orthanc, which has the transfers plugin enabled. And from the secondary, I am auto-routing scans using a lua script through a P2P connection to primary Orthanc.

 Since the transfers are not speeding up, we get hundreds of pending jobs on the secondary Orthanc.

---

This is the Lua script that I am using:
function OnStoredInstance(instanceId, tags, metadata)
  local moveRequest = {}
  moveRequest["Resources"] = {}
  table.insert(moveRequest["Resources"], instanceId)
  moveRequest["Asynchronous"] = true

  local job = ParseJson(RestApiPost("/peers/primary/store", DumpJson(moveRequest, true)))
  print("created job " .. job["ID"] .. " to transfer instance " .. instanceId)
end

Any help related to speeding things up/ optimising the architecture is appreciated!

Regards

James Manners

Apr 5, 2023, 3:35:38 AM4/5/23
to Yash Sonalia, Orthanc Users
Hi Yash,
My experience is you need to be careful on the link speed between the 2 peers. If your link speed isn’t capable of sending fast enough you will end up with a backlog of transfers as you describe.
What is the link speed between your instances? What is the total volume of scans you’re trying to send?
Regards,
James

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted