News from RUSA on soft re-opening of brevets and permanents

Susan Otcenas

Jun 12, 2020, 4:43:51 PM6/12/20
to orr...@googlegroups.com

As posted on the Randonneurs USA Members FB page

July 1 soft reopen. Sent to the RBAs this afternoon:

The board has accepted the recommendation from the pandemic committee for a soft reopen on July 1.

We will publish guidelines and responsibilities in the next week. Guidelines will include route distances (<=225km), compliance with local jurisdictions, travel considerations, allowances for staggered starts, EPP and route design. The role and application of RUSA awards will also be considered.

RBAs who choose to run events will have to submit a reopen plan, work on their calendar and review routes. A template RBA reopen plan will be provided.

Permanents are part of the plan but we still have much work to do. Members are submitting routes for the library. The web team is working on the new centralized program. Routes are being reviewed; documentation is being written. We don't have a go-live date yet.

The pandemic isn't over. As we speak, cases are increasing in some US States. We have to proceed cautiously - organizers and riders - to minimize risk to ourselves and our communities. We hope that we can stay open and expand our offering in subsequent months but there is much beyond our control and we will continue to monitor the situation with respect to sanctioning future events. You will each want to do the same in your region.

We all have work to do to make this successful. Stay tuned.