Brevets during Covid

Oregon Randonneurs

Jun 22, 2020, 7:55:26 PM6/22/20
to Oregon Randonneurs
Hi folks, I am curious if we have any members who are even interested in brevets in order to get RUSA/ACP credit. Until we reach later phases of reopening, a brevet would look an awful lot like a permanent except I pick a route, start location and calendar it. You would send me waivers...2 of them... and I would not specify a start time. If you wanted to ride with a friend, you’d have to make arrangements. You’d be allowed to send me photos of controls, or a link to strava or rwgps. When I see how little this resembles a brevet we are used to, I wonder why riders would not just start the return to riding riding permanents and wait until we are able to safely return to group riding?
Has anyone submitted routes for permanents? I sure BVT was done right away.
Susan

steveerickson720

Jun 22, 2020, 9:34:08 PM6/22/20
to Oregon Randonneurs

👍🏽

Susan Otcenas

Jun 24, 2020, 1:26:05 PM6/24/20
to Oregon Randonneurs, Oregon Randonneurs
I’m interested, and would ask for the lowest traffic routes available. Banks Elsie immediately comes to mind. Some of the ORR routes in the valley are on roads that have seen huge spikes in traffic volumes the last 5 years, but the Banks Elsie route is still pretty quiet.

Thanks,

Susan

Sent from my iPhone