Fwd: [RUSA-RBA] Re: RUSA PBP Prep seminar #3, April 2nd, 2023, 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific: Bag Drop service presentation, what next after pre-registration

Susan France

Mar 20, 2023, 2:53:40 PM3/20/23
to Oregon Randonneurs

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rob Hawks <rob....@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 10:20 AM
Subject: [RUSA-RBA] Re: RUSA PBP Prep seminar #3, April 2nd, 2023, 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific: Bag Drop service presentation, what next after pre-registration
To: RBA List <rba-...@googlegroups.com>

Please feel free to distribute this to your region's members. Note that the actual zoom link will be sent out early this week.

In the past, we had done a registration for attending because we thought we might not have enough space. Even though we had several hundreds of people register, the actual day-of attendance was well below the limits of the RUSA zoom account. Given that, we are skipping the admin work of registering people. Additionally, this will primarily be of interest to US riders. The earlier seminars had attendees from outside of North America.

rob hawks

On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 9:04:41 AM UTC-7 Rob Hawks wrote:
Please join us for a live presentation from Deb Banks, Eric Norris and Bill Green covering the bag drop services offered for PBP 2023. Deb, Eric, Bill (and Mark Behning who will be off riding a 1000km brevet) are all previous PBP finishers and are attending PBP in 2023 just to offer a vital service to riders.

Following that presentation, Mark Thomas will go over some of the details of what to expect next if you have pre-registered for PBP. This will cover due dates for completing your qualifiers, when you can start to convert to full registration, and what is required to do that. If possible there might be a recap of numbers involved for pre-registrants from the US.

Following Mark's presentation, Deb's Team will have gone over the questions submitted and will read questions and give answers as part of the presentation.

To close out, Mark will also answer any questions submitted.

The seminar Zoom details will be published in the next couple days.

If you can't make it, this presentation will be recorded and put up on the Youtube channel where Seminar sessions 1, 1.1, and 2 have been placed.

Concurrent with this seminar, there are a couple/few pre-recorded interviews that will be released of past PBP riders where we delve into their previous riding, how they came to randonneuring, what they did to prepare for their first PBP, what their first PBP experience was like and what advice they got that helped and what they themselves might recommend.

rob hawks
SFR RBA
RUSA Membership Committee
RUSA Brevet Coordinator
RUSA RBA Liaison
Oh, and also a more than occasional brevet rider!

Sent from Gmail Mobile