The New Perms Program

fitzbase

Jun 2, 2020, 12:32:25 PM6/2/20
to Oregon Randonneurs
By now, if you are a perm owner (soon to be called a Contributor), you've seen the New Perms Program email/posting from the Perms List. In short, they want already approved perms to transition to the new program. Here is a link to a spreadsheet with all the Oregon perms, and a cumulative rider count for each. So, if you own multiple perms, and can't choose which ones to submit first, perhaps this list will inform your decision :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_VI5g06vuNAe-ePwDoYMij4YLtoH794MQL3p-m-v3Xw/edit?usp=sharing

Mark Janeba

Jun 2, 2020, 1:31:33 PM6/2/20
to fitzbase, Oregon Randonneurs
Just to the clear, the count is for # of times ridden, not number of
distinct riders.

I know this 'cause my perm lists "8", four of which were me, two of them
a single friend, then two other riders.

No particular message here, just sayin'.

-Mark Janeba

Lynne Fitzsimmons

Jun 2, 2020, 1:54:58 PM6/2/20
to Mark Janeba, Oregon Randonneurs
That is correct. I’ve ridden #1095 (NP Banks Vernonia, first on the list) 58 times.
Cheers,
Lynne F

> On Jun 2, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Mark Janeba <man...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Just to the clear, the count is for # of times ridden, not number of distinct riders.

fitzbase

Jun 2, 2020, 2:13:11 PM6/2/20
to Oregon Randonneurs
Also, I own the super-duper copy of Ride With GPS. If you want your routes updated with the "Control" type cue and POIs (Points of Interest), as specified in the new route requirements, time permitting (I am also on the RUSA Web Team, and getting the new perms program up and running is NOT a zero-time proposition), I will be happy to update your route for you.

Cheers,
Lynne F

Lynne Fitzsimmons

Jun 2, 2020, 2:41:59 PM6/2/20
to Oregon Randonneurs
And, knowing that the RWGPS trace probably doesn't have all the info your cue sheet does, it would be best if you sent both the current cue sheet and the RWGPS link.

I would not be submitting the route - you would copy the updated route back to your RWGPS collection and submit it from you.

Cheers,
Lynne F