Force open Mobile Browser

Lynette Yung

Sep 24, 2013, 4:53:02 PM9/24/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
I have been searching the forum and can't seem to find if this is possible.

I tried using mraid.open() to open the external mobile browser and it still shows up in the in-app browser.

does anyone know, if it is possible to force open the mobile external mobile browser (ie: not the in-app browser) from a banner ad?

Thanks,
~Lynette

Nathan Carver

Sep 24, 2013, 5:37:30 PM9/24/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lynette,

No, there is no capacity in MRAID to instruct the in-app container to open the creative in the native browser or in-app browser view. This is left as a choice to the SDK vendor.

I know some vendors do offer this feature using proprietary methods. Do you know your SDK vendor? Maybe they can help you out for this one.

Thanks,
-Nathan

Lynette Yung

Sep 24, 2013, 8:03:47 PM9/24/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  Yes, i am looking into MoPub and trying to locate their API Documentation.

~Lynette