mraid.open(). - in iOS vs. Android

Juti14

Mar 24, 2015, 11:52:22 AM3/24/15
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I hit a roadblock where I try to use function mraid.open(url) and in iOS I got a blank page. In Android, it works fine.
The URL is
http://m.lowes.com which it will render store location near by

I posted a screenshot from iOS iphone5s app 8.1(I think)
At first, the page blank and after I scroll that blank page, then it renders.

Any suggestion? I think there is something with the url store locator

Thanks!
image.jpg

Nathan Carver

Mar 24, 2015, 11:55:24 AM3/24/15
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Are you having trouble making your ad run in a particular SDK? Or are you writing an SDK that is having trouble with an ad?

It sounds like you are creating an ad. If so, can you provide the SDK the app is using? Does the ad unit run in the MRAID webtester, http://webtester.mraid.org/?

Thanks,
-Nathan

Juti14

Mar 24, 2015, 5:59:08 PM3/24/15
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I actually have to test it inside APP. The thing is it works fine on Android when using http://m.lowes.com  and on Android, the app open up the window inside the App MRAID environment. However, in iOS, it doesn't.

Are you having trouble making your ad run in a particular SDK?
No. I am having trouble to append url to the click button inside the App.

Does the ad unit run in the MRAID webtester, http://webtester.mraid.org/?
No. the ad unit will run on Publisher App

I test with other url like http://www.aol.com -- it renders. So I think it is not MRAID call, it is the url. I use mraid.open("http://m.lowes.com");
m.lowes.com will ask for location enable if i open it from the web browser.

Thanks,
Juti
Screenshot_2015-03-24-14-49-06.png

Nathan Carver

Mar 24, 2015, 6:04:13 PM3/24/15
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juti,

You are probably right that there is something unique about the m.lowes.com URL. To continue troubleshooting, I would check to see if the ad can run in the webtester since it is certified by the IAB. Then I would ask your app developer what SDK they use for MRAID. For example, is it AdMob and if so, what version?

Thanks,
-Nathan

Juti14

Mar 25, 2015, 10:19:07 AM3/25/15
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

That is a good idea! Thanks. I will send an email to ask the app developer what SDK they use for MRAID.  This is a very helpful forum. I am glad I join the group.

Thanks,
Juti

Juti14

Mar 25, 2015, 11:29:50 AM3/25/15
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nathan,

Just to confirm. I had another issue but was able to use 'Google' shorten url. The issue seems to be resolved. I definitely think the SDK they use in the app is not able to handle it well.

:)

-J