resizing with negative offset - hide close region?

billfous...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2013, 7:10:16 PM9/6/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Should a resized add be able to set a negative Y offset be able to move the close region off the screen? ie set the close region to anywhere on the top and a Y offset of -50.

Bill

Nathan Carver

Sep 9, 2013, 8:53:21 AM9/9/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

I look to this section of the specification.

A resized ad must position itself such that the entire close event region appears onscreen. If
the container/SDK detects that a request to resize will result in the close event region being
offscreen, the container/SDK should return an error, and ignore the resize (e.g., leave the ad
in its current state).

If I understand your question correctly, the resized ad could set negative values, but if that results in the close region being offscreen then the request to mraid.resize() should trigger an error.

Thanks,
-Nathan

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM, <billfous...@gmail.com> wrote:
Should a resized add be able to set a negative Y offset be able to move the close region off the screen? ie set the close region to anywhere on the top and a Y offset of -50.

Bill

billfous...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2013, 9:09:37 AM9/9/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I dont actually find that text in the spec, but it makes sense.