question on expanding a resized ad

billfous...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2013, 11:03:26 AM7/9/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Similar to the previous question, if an ad has been resized, and is then expanded, should we close the resize action first automatically? This is probably most relevant in a 2-part expand. the MRAID state diagram does not allow the state to go from EXPANDED to RESIZED, so I think that is confirmation. I wanted to ask though to see what the expectation is though.

bill

Nathan Carver

Jul 9, 2013, 11:39:47 AM7/9/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

I would expect that this is implementation specific. You are right that the close button included on a resize should not also be included after calling expand(), so in that way the resize is cancelled.

As an ad creator, I wouldn't think about it. I would do something like start with a banner that is 320x50, then to grab your attention, resize to 320x100 for 7 seconds. If you don't tap, I'll revert back to the default banner, but if you do tap, I'll expand to full screen for the full rich media experience.

In other words, I think that the ad unit is going from 320x50 >> 320x100 >> 320x416 (not 320x50 >> 320x100 >> forced 320x50 >> 320x416).

Does that help?

Thanks,
-Nathan