State question about two-parts ad

Yan Bai

Jul 29, 2013, 2:34:26 AM7/29/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am working on a Mraid-compliant Android AD SDK and I encountered a question about state of two-parts ad.

We know that Mraid-compliant SDK should allow two-parts ad. When ad called expand(url), SDK should open a new Mraid-compliant WebView to load the expanded url.

At that time two Mraid-compliant WebViews exists, a banner view and a expanded view, what is the state of them respectively? I set both of them to expanded, is that right?
I check a open source Mraid-compliant SDK called Mocean, it set the state of banner from default to expanded and set the state of expanded view as default.

I check the Mraid document but failed to get a clear definition.

Thanks,
Yan

Nathan Carver

Jul 29, 2013, 9:02:47 AM7/29/13
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yan,

Yes, you are right. When there are two views, like two-part expandables, the views should stay in-sync. In other words, the banner should have a state of "expanded" and the panel should have a state of "expanded" (after going through "loading" and "ready").

Thanks,
-Nathan