Reading Contacts using ORMLite

VKR Android

Jan 12, 2016, 9:49:18 PM1/12/16
to ORMLite Developers
Hi All, I am new to Android development and ORMLite. Is there any way that we can read the contacts using ORM Lite by having a custom POJO Like Contact.java with fileds like name, primaryContactNumber, secondaryContactNumber, email etc...

Thank you.

Kevin Galligan

Jan 12, 2016, 9:59:53 PM1/12/16
to Ormlite Dev
Contacts would be difficult because you need to access that data with
the content provider. You'd need to dig through the Dao classes to
see about using a cursor to directly map to a data object. I would
suggest looking at Cupboard, which is designed to handle this kind of
stuff better (not 100% sure you can do it, though ;)
> --

Kevin Galligan
http://about.me/kpgalligan

Share the Motorhead:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0mtSKSOY5MtzRWJnJh3FAVBR9ynCMe2W

VKR Android

Jan 14, 2016, 4:02:59 AM1/14/16
to ORMLite Developers
Thanks Kevin. I will look into the cupboard.