Shabbat Shira/Beshalach Tu'B'Shvat - Schedules & News

1 view

Congregation Or Menorah

Feb 6, 2017, 5:51:18 PM2/6/17
to OrMenorah Google Groups

Kehilat
Or Menorah
www.ormenorah.com
Rabbi Doug Zelden – Rav
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
7006 N. California Ave.     Chicago, IL
……………………………………………………………………………..
Shabbat Shira Parshat B’shalach 5777
Tu B’Shvat
Friday Candle lighting 4:57pm
Friday – Mincha/Kabalat Shabbat:  5:07pm
~~~~~~
Shabbat Morning:   9:15am
A Tu B'Shvat Fleshig Kiddush is being hosted by Ira & Debra Clair in honor of their daughter Leora’s recent marriage, and in memory of his father Shalom Shachne ben Baruch z”l, whose Yortzeit is Motz’ei Shabbat.
……….
Shabbat Afternoon:
Mincha Gedola: 12:30pm
Shabbat Shiurim & Learning begin at 3:30pm
Mincha Ketana/S’eudah Shlishit:  4:40pm
Shaloshudos is being sponsored with a generous donation by Ron Fozailoff
in honor of everyone at Or Menorah.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………
SHABBAT SHALOM!
…………………………………………..
Saturday Night:

Motz’ei Shabbat Maariv:  5:52pm followed by Havdallah.

(33 minutes after sunset)

SUNDAY MORNING MINYAN followed by NOSH & LEARN: 9:20am

Reminder:
Your Shul – Or Menorah is warm and dry so bundle up on the way
and unbundle and relax at shul this Shabbat
.
SIMCHA NEWS
Mazel Tov to:
- Leora, Clair &  Joshua Seidman on their marriage.
-Esti Prero & Rafi Domsky on their upcoming marriage.
-Ben & Claire Lapin on their marriage.
Happy Birthday to:
Jeffrey Steinberg
Daniel Steinberg
Mark Kirshner
Liam Kurantz
Samuel Mullen
Jesse Wiesenthal
Shaya Goldmeier
Elliot Richardson
Brandon Berke
Randy Stroh
Reuven Turk
Steven Lavenda
Ronald Feder
Ivy Fishman
Brian Press
Maria Greenberg
Benjamin Carlson
Jacob Levitan
Hava Richmond
Deborah Brill
David Simkin
Josh Brill
Yom Huledet Samayach!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONDOLENCE NEWS:
BARUCH DAYAN EMET!
Condolences to:
-The family of Herbert Schneider z”l
-The family of Donna Langer a”h
-The family of Pearl Gotfried a”h
 Hamakom Yenachem Etchem B'Toch Sh'ar Avele Tzion Virushalayim!
**********************************

torah Thoughts from Rabbi Doug…
Parshat Beshalach/Shira/Tu B’Shvat
After crossing the sea the Torah speaks of the Manna that fell 6 days a week.
Hashem in His infinite wisdom began our lessons in living through our daily fare. The Talmud states that the taste of the manna was integrally linked with the taster’s thoughts. If one thought of steak the manna tasted like steak: if one thought of borscht, the manna tasted like borscht. In fact, the Chofetz Chaim was once asked, “what happens if you think nothing?” He answered very profoundly: “If one thinks of nothing, then one tastes nothing!” During the week the Jews had the manna but did not realize its great potential. The Malbim explains that is why it only tasted like oily dough. But on Shabbos, a day filled with sweet relaxation, heavenly thoughts filled the minds of the nation. And those sweet thoughts produced sweet tastes! The Talmud also says that to small children the manna tasted like dough, but to scholars it tasted like honey. For if one thinks of honey, he tastes honey. When one thinks blandly, he has bland taste. Perhaps on Shabbos the Jewish People realized the important lesson of life. The questions we face should not be addressed as eternally mysterious. We can not face the unknown with the question, “what is it?” Rather, we can define our destiny and challenge our uncertainties. “It is what!” What you put into it is exactly what you take out! Life presents us many opportunities. We can approach those moments with lofty thoughts and see, smell, and taste its sweetness.
Or we can see nothing and taste nothing.

************
Or Menorah - Weekday Schedule of Services
Weekday Minyanim with Rabbi Doug

~ M-F Shacharit: 8:00am we meet in Bnei Ruven’s Bet Midrash - Ashkenaz Minyan.

~ S-TH Mincha/Maariv: approx 10 minutes before Sunset we meet in
Shevet Achim/Buckingham.

~ Motz'ei Shabbat Maariv: Saturdays 33 minutes after Sunset
at
Or Menorah

~ Sunday Shacharit:
9:20am at Or Menorah

~ Monday Shacharit
on Legal Holidays: 9:20am
at Or Menorah

~ Friday Mincha – 10 min. after Candle Lighting at
Or Menorah

**********************************
If you have a birthday, a Yahrtzeit, a simcha, a baby coming,
or you are a chiuv....
PLEASE inform Rabbi Doug and one of the
Gabbayim when you come into shul
so that the appropriate honors can be handed out
and the appropriate announcements made.
**********************
See the only weekly Jewish TV show in the midwest!
"Taped With... Rabbi Doug"
See www.tvrabbi.com to watch on-line 24/6 and for more info and schedules!
This week's show with Rabbi Doug:
“Mohel – Rabbi Adam Epstein”
On-Line Link to watch this episode on the web: http://www.tvrabbi.com/
(see http://www.tvrabbi.com for more TV schedules and stations.)
************************************
Be sure to check the
WRP Eruv Hotline
every Erev-Shabbat at
1-773-74-ERUV-2
or on-line by clicking below: http://chicagoeruv.tripod.com
Also:
A green sign on the window of
Or Menorah
indicates the Eruv is Up
& Kosher to use.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please make sure Rabbi Doug has your email address, and if you are not in the Achenu,
please make your home address and phone number available also.
PLEASE EMAIL US TO GET OUR EMAIL UPDATES.
Rabbi’s Email: rabb...@ormenorah.com
Micah Gersten’s email: mi...@ormenorah.com
Website: http://www.ormenorah.com
(Shul phone: 773-299-8022)
~~~~~~~
Membership Forms are also downloadable on our website.
Please take care of your 5777 membership, and any outstanding yizkor pledges & funds due.
We need your support!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or Menorah
www.OrMenorah.com

Or Menorah

Feb 6, 2017, 6:13:44 PM2/6/17
to OrMenorah Google Groups
Kehilat
Or Menorah
www.ormenorah.com
Rabbi Doug Zelden – Rav
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
7006 N. California Ave.     Chicago, IL
……………………………………………………………………………..
Shabbat Shira Parshat B’shalach 5777
Tu B’Shvat
Friday Candle lighting 4:57pm
Friday – Mincha/Kabalat Shabbat:  5:07pm
~~~~~~
Shabbat Morning:   9:15am
A Tu B'Shvat Fleshig Kiddush is being hosted by Ira & Debra Clair in honor of their daughter Leora’s recent marriage, and in memory of his father Shalom Shachne ben Baruch z”l, whose Yortzeit is Motz’ei Shabbat.
……….
Shabbat Afternoon:
Mincha Gedola: 12:30pm
Shabbat Shiurim & Learning begin at 3:30pm
Mincha Ketana/S’eudah Shlishit:  4:45pm

Sent from my iPhone

Or Menorah

Feb 10, 2017, 11:55:34 AM2/10/17
to OrMenorah Google Groups
-The family of Joyce Bowman a"h
-The family of Tsilia Barsky a"h
[...]

-------
See Rabbi Doug's Torah Column in this week's
Chicago Jewish News

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone