Re: Digest for orlando-restaurant-dining-group@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

David Chapman

Feb 20, 2011, 5:16:27 AM2/20/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com, tomgre...@hotmail.com
Thanks Tom,

Regretably, I will not be doing any Foodie (what my doctor now refers to as 'live to eat')
experiences for solme time.  No wine, etc.
Blood tests came back 'over the top' on a few
ares of concern and I must go on the stright and narrow with am 'eat to live' program.

Returning to Bellevue, WA mid-April.  Perhaps by next winter, when I return, I will be able to
enjoy again.  Meanwhile, lots of work to do!

All the best,

David

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 3:55 AM, <orlando-restaurant-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/orlando-restaurant-dining-group/topics

    Hoosier <tomgre...@hotmail.com> Feb 19 02:39PM -0800 ^

    I will go ahead and make the reservation for Iris, Rebeca, David, me
    and two other friends. If anyone of you cannot make it please let me
    know. There is also plenty of time for anyone else to RSVP, so please
    let me know if you'd like to join us!

    Thanks
    Tom

Iris Albritton

Feb 20, 2011, 12:19:54 PM2/20/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com

David, I send these words of encouragement. A friend turned her situation around completely, including need of medication, with her change to TRULY healthy food and "keep moving" for 30 mins most days per week. I have taken inspiration from her and now walk, dance, prance, march inside my house to the evening jazz on the classical radio station - for free! And might I say, don't hesitate to find a yoga class. Yoga expectation is always strictly to the student, NOT to a level of goal selected by the instructor. I have been utterly shocked at the slow, steady change of this non-athletic body by just 1 yoga class per week. Niacin has truly cut my sugar cravings, cinnimon does work for glucose readings. And, as I am sure you know - the only safe white foods are yogart and perhaps a bit of mayo or veganaise. Cottage cheese high in protein, if it works for you. Oh! Stumbled on info from Eat Right for Your Blood Type. Well, it's really true for my blood type, cow dairy puts the pounds on me. Have info from a chemist on vitamin/ suppliments alternative to insulin. He used it exclusively, successfully for decades. Also, info on vitamin/ suppliments for cholersteral. Can recommend a book or two on healthy eatting, should you find yourself mining for information. Enough from me. Best of all wishes on your new journey. Note I wrote on Christmas card to aerobic instructor friend " I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Rear"!    :-)