Re: Digest for orlando-restaurant-dining-group@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

David Chapman

Nov 20, 2010, 12:38:56 PM11/20/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,  I am visiting Orlando, early Dec and will be free for a dinner either
Thurs the 9th or Friday the 10th.

Any ideas on where to get the best fresh Grouper...especially Grouper fritters?
How about best Italian (not spagehti and meat balls!  )  In the past, I have enjoyed Tuscano at the Marriot International but time to try something new that might be even better.

Moving to Orlando first week in January.

All for now

David Chapman
On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM, <orlando-restaurant-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/orlando-restaurant-dining-group/topics

 Topic: Yippie
    Bill Hayden <wahay...@gmail.com> Nov 19 04:39PM -0500 ^

    Yosemite here - sorry for dropping off the face of the earth, but life
    interrupted with work obligations and family vacations. I'll try to see if
    I can arrange a get together in December though that may be a challenge with
    all the various holiday obligations. But rest assured we're still here.

    Of course, no reason others of you couldn't take the lead on organizing a
    get together - after all I'm neither dictator nor elected official, just
    someone who took the initiative :)

    So everyone reply if they have any interest in a December get together or if
    we should we wait for 2012.

    Bill

342.gif

David Chapman

Nov 21, 2010, 8:20:06 AM11/21/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Bill,  Couldn't find youor answer.

David

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 1:33 AM, <orlando-restaurant-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

    Hi Bill, I am visiting Orlando, early Dec and will be free for a dinner
    either
    Thurs the 9th or Friday the 10th.

    Any ideas on where to get the best fresh Grouper...especially Grouper
    fritters?
    How about best Italian (not spagehti and meat balls! [?] ) In the past, I

    have enjoyed Tuscano at the Marriot International but time to try something
    new that might be even better.

    Moving to Orlando first week in January.

    All for now

    David Chapman
    425 830-5153
    On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM, <

Mugs Munny

Nov 23, 2010, 1:59:52 PM11/23/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty new to Orlando so I can't recommend much yet. I did try some food from Primo's at the food and wine festival last weekend. It was excellent. Any interest in Primo's on December 9 or 10?

Here is their menu:

Mugs Munny

Nov 23, 2010, 2:02:46 PM11/23/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com

Iris

Nov 24, 2010, 12:07:15 AM11/24/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in joining a gathering to dine. I will need to dine "European",or arrive late due to work and distance. 8ish would be comfortable for me. Not wishing to inconvience anyone. Driving up from West of Disney. Friday, Dec 10th would be preferable. So glad to connect. Do keep me in the loop. A most Happy and Hearty Thanksgiving to all.

>>> orlando-restaurant-...@googlegroups.com<orlando-restaurant-dining-group%2Bno...@googlegroups.com>

Bill Hayden

Nov 24, 2010, 9:51:34 AM11/24/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
I thought "dining European" meant not leaving a tip..... :)

Let me check the schedules and I'll see if I can find a date that works - we'll stick to the west side of town for Iris

As for Primo, we've been trying to keep these to the not high-end places as everyone has different finances - my memory has Primo's prices as Primo as well - thoughts?

Mugs Munny

Nov 26, 2010, 4:42:32 PM11/26/10
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Primo's is out of my price range...I was mistaken. I'll wait to hear from you Bill about our next outing.

YosemiteSam

Dec 7, 2010, 5:46:57 PM12/7/10
to Orlando Restaurant Dining Group
Just can't seem to make it work this month - too many other
obligations with the holidays etc. Might as well have our babysitter
on speed dial.

Let's try to get together early in the New Year - especially before
morenew places go out of business like Wa and La Nuova Cucina.....

Back to your grouper question Dan, Orlando has always suffered from
substandard seafood (go figure), but the best grouper dish IMO is not
at a seafood place but at a fine dining place called Chatham's Place
that's been around for years (http://www.chathamsplace.com/). The
dish is Florida Black Grouper in pecan butter with scallions. Note
it's a very quiet and romantic location, but the dish is sublime.
Otherwise, lately for overall seafood we hit Big Fin in the Dellagio
complex - solid food at reasonable prices and they only serve what's
in season.