Re: Hanimuzki directions

R Guer

Feb 25, 2011, 9:58:45 AM2/25/11
to Thomas Gregorich, orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information on the restaurant, Tom.  I really appreciate it!

The two Peruvian restaurants are:

Los Portales
1436 N. Semoran Blvd (in the Big Lot shopping center)
Casselberry, FL 32707
(407) 681-4000
Try the Papas a la Huancaina (spicy here), Cazuela de Mariscos, or the Churrasco (with chimichurri)
Limena Chicken (next to a paint store and a Botanica)
1810 N Semoran Blvd
Orlando, FL 32707
Try the Papas or Yuca a la Huancaina (NOT spicy here), Lomo Saltado, and DEFINITELY the seviche (the best)

When I went to visit the Korean BBQ place on Colonial, they weren't there.  Bummer!  But, here is a link to Urban Spoon which discusses their food, etc.  Hope you like it!

-Rebeca-

Feb 25, 2011, 5:36:18 PM2/25/11
to Orlando Restaurant Dining Group
Thanks Rebeca! Bummer about the taco truck. I can only hope that it
will be back soon. I look forward to trying out both of these
peruvian resaturants. Maybe we can make this the site of our next
outing.

On Feb 25, 9:58 am, R Guer <rgcblack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information on the restaurant, Tom.  I really appreciate it!
>
> The two Peruvian restaurants are:
>
> Los Portales
> 1436 N. Semoran Blvd (in the Big Lot shopping center)
> Casselberry, FL 32707
> (407) 681-4000
> Try the Papas a la Huancaina (spicy here), Cazuela de Mariscos, or the Churrasco
> (with chimichurri)
>
> Limena Chicken (next to a paint store and a Botanica)
> 1810 N Semoran Blvd
> Orlando, FL 32707
> (407) 265-6699
> Try the Papas or Yuca a la Huancaina (NOT spicy here), Lomo Saltado, and
> DEFINITELY the seviche (the best)
>
> When I went to visit the Korean BBQ place on Colonial, they weren't there.
> Bummer!  But, here is a link to Urban Spoon which discusses their food, etc.
> Hope you like it!
>
> http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/26/1572622/restaurant/Colonial/Korean-BBQ...
>
> -Rebeca-
>
> ________________________________
> From: Thomas Gregorich <tginja...@yahoo.com>
> To: rgcblack...@yahoo.com

Iris Albritton

Feb 25, 2011, 5:45:39 PM2/25/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com

To all: So enjoyed our gathering Tuesday eve. Look forward to a gathering next month. Walking in to our local Greek Festival. Will send happy food thoughts to everyone as I nibble my way thru our annual Greek weekend. Peruvian sound quite interesting. I have a student at the university who is from Peru. It would be great to tell her of an experience with her native dishes.

On Feb 25, 2011 5:36 PM, "Hoosier" <tomgre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Rebeca!  Bummer about the taco truck.  I can only hope that it
will be back soon.  I look forward to trying out both of these
peruvian resaturants.  Maybe we can make this the site of our next
outing.

On Feb 25, 9:58 am, R Guer <rgcblack...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the information on the resta...

> http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/26/1572622/restaurant/Colonial/Korean-BBQ...
>
> -Rebeca-
>
> ________________________________

Mugs Munny

Feb 27, 2011, 2:53:52 PM2/27/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I missed the Dragonfly event...I had a conference last week. I had eaten there once before. I thought it was all right. I'm interested in Peruvian or whatever else for next time.
see you soon!
Meg

Hoosier

Feb 27, 2011, 4:12:32 PM2/27/11
to Orlando Restaurant Dining Group
Lets do it then! I'd love to try their ceviche.

I finally got to sample from the korean taco truck. Sadly, I was
extremely disappointed. The beef was super greasy, and had this weird
sweet taste to it. That may have been what they were going after, but
it was not good. Also, the kimchi that was included was flavorless
and mushy, the complete opposite of the kimchi I know and love. But
you guys try it for yourselves because I'd like to hear your
opinions. Its in the Citgo parking lot on the NW corner of Primrose
and Colonial, just east of Mills.

As for March, would Tuesday the 22nd work for you all?

On Feb 27, 2:53 pm, Mugs Munny <mgsmu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I missed the Dragonfly event...I had a conference last week. I had
> eaten there once before. I thought it was all right. I'm interested in
> Peruvian or whatever else for next time.
> see you soon!
> Meg
>
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Iris Albritton <iris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > To all: So enjoyed our gathering Tuesday eve. Look forward to a gathering
> > next month. Walking in to our local Greek Festival. Will send happy food
> > thoughts to everyone as I nibble my way thru our annual Greek weekend.
> > Peruvian sound quite interesting. I have a student at the university who is
> > from Peru. It would be great to tell her of an experience with her native
> > dishes.

Mugs Munny

Feb 28, 2011, 4:45:27 PM2/28/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
March 22 is good for me.

Iris Albritton

Feb 28, 2011, 4:46:39 PM2/28/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com

I think I'm fine for March 22nd

On Feb 28, 2011 4:45 PM, "Mugs Munny" <mgsm...@gmail.com> wrote:

March 22 is good for me.

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Hoosier <tomgre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Lets do it then!  I...

R Guer

Mar 2, 2011, 10:04:54 AM3/2/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry to hear about the Korean food truck.  I was going to head back out there this Friday for a taste.  Maybe I should reconsider?  We'll see....

As for our next get together, March 22nd works for me too.  \

I'm assuming y'all want to go to Limena Chicken, based on the comments for dining on ceviche?  That sounds more than fine by me.  When I went there a few weeks ago, the ceviche was still wonderful, the chicha (it's a delicious beverage) was unfortunately bottled - not homemade, the papas (and yucca) a la huancaina were a little bland - but still very tasty, the chicken was well seasoned (and thoroughly cooked through - yay), and the lomo saltado (a kind of beef fricassee) was yummy, if a tad but chewy (but I think that was my fault for asking the chef to cook the vegetables a little longer than usual).
Just let me know how many people we'll be and what hour we'll meet, with enough time before the 22nd, and I'll be happy to make the reservations for us.

-Rebeca-

Mar 17, 2011, 5:09:31 PM3/17/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Hungry just thinking about it. Look forward to hearing more. Iris

Hoosier

Mar 19, 2011, 8:53:29 AM3/19/11
to Orlando Restaurant Dining Group
Everyone, I won't be able to make dinner on the 22nd. My apologies.
Can someone else organize dinner for the 22nd? Otherwise, I'll be
fine to meet on the 29th.

On Mar 17, 5:09 pm, "Iris E. Albritton" <iris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hungry just thinking about it. Look forward to hearing more.       Iris
>
> R Guer <rgcblack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Hey Everyone-
>
> >Is March 22nd still on the agenda for ceviche?
>
> >-Rebeca-
>

> >________________________________

Iris E. Albritton

Mar 19, 2011, 9:13:19 AM3/19/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
I can make a change to the 29th, if needed. That would be fine. Iris

Hoosier

Mar 28, 2011, 10:56:32 AM3/28/11
to Orlando Restaurant Dining Group
Iris, if you are up for it, I can still make dinner tomorrow. Anyone
else interested?

On Mar 19, 9:13 am, "Iris E. Albritton" <iris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can make a change to the 29th, if needed. That would be fine.     Iris

Iris E. Albritton

Mar 28, 2011, 11:09:03 AM3/28/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
I'm still up for it. Would be extra fun if we could gather a bit of a group. What destination?

R Guer

Apr 7, 2011, 10:26:49 AM4/7/11
to orlando-restaur...@googlegroups.com
Hello All-

I just wanted to let you know that I took my mom and her friends to Limena Chicken last weekend, and both the food and service have gone down considerably.  In fact, there were only two menu that were ordered (tilapia ceviche and papas a la huancaina) that were any good.  Everything else was just overcooked and poorly seasoned.  And don't get me started on the woefully inadequate waiter we had!  His behavior was just unacceptable.

As a result, I can no longer recommend this restaurant for anything other than the two dishes above.  Truth to tell, there are probably better restaurants in the city to obtain either dish without having to deal with the aggravation of this place.

Rebeca
(aka rgcblackie)

P.S.
Just as another FYI, I recently discovered that BabyCakes NYC Bakery has opened a small shop/counter service in Downtown Disney (Marketside).  BabyCakes is a vegan bakery in New York that has received rave reviews from foodies, magazines, and especially the Cooking Channel.  I gotta say, their cupcakes and ESPECIALLY their donuts are amazing and do not taste like they are "healthy" or dairy/wheat/sugar free.  If you get a chance, try them out.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!!