Origins Awards Announcement

GAMA Communications <pr@gama.org>

Dec 17, 2009, 7:09:22 AM12/17/09
to Origins Announcements
The Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts and Design announced today
exciting enhancements to the 36th Annual Origins Awards and the
extension of the submission deadline to January 15, 2010.

"We really want to raise the profile of the Awards at Origins this
year. We're going to make the Awards more visible by having both the
voting & providing a free demo table for each nominee in the open
gaming hall," said Academy Chair Paul Tevis. "With more time to submit
products for
consideration, we hope to have a record-breaking turnout."

Other than the extended deadline, the submission process remains
unaltered from the past several years. Manufacturers or designers
wishing for a game, expansion, book, or other product to be considered
must fill out the submission form, now available on the GAMA website,
and return it along with seven (7) copies of the product under
consideration to the GAMA office. These copies will be distributed to
the Origins Awards juries for review, with the announcement of the
"long lists" occurring at the GAMA Trade Show, March 22 - 26, 2010, in
Las Vegas, NV. Retail attendees of the show will select the official
nominees from these lists.

Two open forums will be held at GTS to discuss the status and future
of the Origins Awards, as well as details of the revamped voting
process at origins. "While we're not changing the mechanics of how
the final voting will be conducted, I think we'll be presenting it in
a better way. Origins attendees will have an opportunity to examine,
and hopefully play, the nominated games at Origins," said Tevis.

The 36th Annual Origins Awards winners will be announced at the
Origins Game Fair, in Columbus, OH held June 22 - 27. For more
information, please contact Paul Tevis at pte...@gmail.com.