Announcement: New Academy Chair and Secretary for the Origins Awards

GAMA Communications <pr@gama.org>

Sep 21, 2010, 11:43:03 AM9/21/10
to Origins Announcements
GAMA is pleased to announce Hal Mangold as the new Chair of the
Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts and Design (AAGAD), which administers
to the Origins Awards on Behalf of the Game Manufacturer’s Association
(GAMA). Hal has been involved in hobby gaming since the late
seventies, and professionally involved since the mid-nineties in both
a freelance and full time capacity. Hal is a managing partner and
production director for Green Ronin Publishing, and also runs Atomic
Overmind Press.

“It’s a pleasure to take over where Paul Tevis’ excellent work as
Academy Chair leaves off,” says Hal. “I’ve been involved with the
Academy on and off for over a decade, and I’m proud to be able to do
my part to continue to build the reputation and prominence of the
Origins Awards.”

“I am really pleased that Hal has agreed to do this important job,”
says Rick Loomis, President of the GAMA Board. “His enthusiasm and
expertise gives me great confidence. I look forward to the coming year
and I hope you do too!”

GAMA is also pleased to announce Samantha Hapney as the new Secretary
of the Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts and Design, which assists the
Chair in effectively executing the Origins Awards. Samantha is a long-
time GAMA volunteer and has assisted GAMA in a variety of capacities.

GAMA would like to thank the previous Chair, Paul Tevis for all of his
hard work and dedication to the AAGAD and to the Origins Awards. GAMA
would also like to thank Nicole Charbonneau for all of her help as the
previous Secretary and wish her the best of luck in Germany.

With the new leadership brings some enhancements in the Academy:
• In the interest of allowing the juries enough time to fully evaluate
every product properly, we are modifying the submission deadlines for
the 2011 Origins Awards. Products eligible for consideration must be
released by November 1st of 2010. Copies of these products must be
postmarked by November 15th. Future eligibility cycles will run from
November 2, 2010-November 1, 2011, etc.
• We are also accepting submissions for the Origins Awards at ANY TIME
throughout the year. If people have a product that they want to
submit, they need not wait until the last minute to do so. Full
details for submissions, including where to send them, can be found on
the Origins Awards page at www.gama.org. The revised and updated
Academy Website will be online by mid October.
• Make sure to follow Academy updates on Twitter @AAGAD_GAMA.