Issue: Files system based DB gets locked when multiple client perform write operations

Hiren Dutta

Feb 19, 2015, 5:10:37 AM2/19/15
I am new to Orient DB using OrientDB Server v2.0.1.
I am having below queries regarding database storage creation and access -

1. Simultaneous db operation from Java (plocal) as well as admin console not working. say which running local server if I tried to drop and create db through blueprint java  API, its giving file system lock exception. Which seems to be ok as server is having lock on file system access.  Question is, what should be the best way to configure local db so that this issue not will not come.

2. Can I configure external storage db with OrientDB (like with cassandra, oracle or any other). if yes please share configuration settings url.

3. Performance best practices and configuration set up for production. Any documentation pointer will be helpful.

Thanks much!

Regards,
Hiren

Simon Gemmell

Feb 20, 2015, 6:24:09 AM2/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
For 2) google it shows:

For 3) suggest you try google it. Try keywords orientdb performance. It is there.