Aggregate function reduces result to a single row only

Hung Tran

Feb 16, 2016, 3:07:15 PM2/16/16
to OrientDB
Hi,

I am using OrientDB version 2.1.8, it's quite strange when see this issue

I have tried with other aggregate function (sum, min, avg), they do the same behavior.

My Best,
Hung Tran

alessand...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2016, 5:55:41 AM2/17/16
to OrientDB
Hi,
can you explain what you want to achieve?

Kind regards,
Alessandro

Hung Tran

Feb 17, 2016, 6:37:30 AM2/17/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It should not reduce the result set to a single row. In other database engines, the aggregate column should return a value by formula based on all conditional matched rows, of course, this value will be repeatable, but that's another story.

I recognized that I could do a workaround by using LET statement, but the LET will be re-evaluated on every row which could downgrade the query performance.

My Best,
Hung Tran