updating vertex attributes and edges in the same transaction - oDB 2.1.2

Mihai Ocneanu

Nov 3, 2015, 3:17:43 AM11/3/15
to OrientDB
Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible (or will be possible) to update vertex properties and create/delete edges in the same transaction (Java Graph API).

Right now, if I start a transaction, update some vertex properties and then say, create an edge, I get a warning in the log basically saying that creating edges needs to be done in a different transaction and will automatically commit the previous transaction for me and THEN start a new one, where edges are created.

The reason this is interesting for me, is if it can all be done inside a single transaction, then, if there are issues somewhere down along the line, it can all be safely rolled back.

Thanks,
Mihai

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Nov 3, 2015, 3:32:40 AM11/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mihai,

I think the warning is only about creating edge "classes", not edge instances. Just try to create the schema (edge classes) before, using an OrientGraphNoTX instance

Thanks

Luigi

--

---