SQL SELECT that returns specific properties from linked classes

Eric24

Oct 29, 2017, 1:01:31 PM10/29/17
to OrientDB
I'm looking for a suggestion on how to construct a SELECT statement that returns specific properties from linked classes.

I have a V class that can have one or more identical V classes linked via standard E edges. What I'm trying to do is select the "root" V class and have the query return properties from the first level of linked V classes. Selecting the "root" V class is simple, and that query does include the "out_" object that contains the RIDs for the linked V classes, but I can't figure out how to actually get data from the linked V classes (without doing a second query, which I what I'm trying to avoid). I feel like this is dirt-simple, but I'm missing some detail.

As a "bonus", it would go nice to optionally include specific properties from the link E edges, too.

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Oct 30, 2017, 3:59:13 AM10/30/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

With plain SELECT:

SELECT inV().vertexProp1, inV().vertexProp2, edgeProp1, edgeProp2 from (
    select expand(outE("TheEdgeClass")) FROM V WHERE foo = ?
)

With MATCH:

MATCH
   {class:V, as: theRootNode, where:(foo = ?)} .outE("TheEdgeClass"){as:theEdge} .inV() {as:firstLevel}
RETURN theEdge.prop1 as p1, theEdge.prop2 as p2, firstLevel.prop1, as p3, firstLevel.prop2 as p4

Thanks

Luigi

--

---