Time Series Last Node Link

Thomas Kennedy

Jun 2, 2015, 6:14:23 PM6/2/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I have a time series modelled in the graph way
year(linkmap)->month(linkmap)->day(linkmap)->hour(linkmap)
I have two other vertices which are events and users

I want to join events to the time series. Is this best achieved by using an edge or a linkset?
year(linkmap)->month(linkmap)->day(linkmap)->hour(linkmap)-> ?Edge|Linkset? Event -> User

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Jun 3, 2015, 9:55:43 AM6/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

it depends on following factors:
- do you need bi-directional traversal? In case an edge is better
- do you plan to store information on the links? in case an edge is better; in case not, with linkset you will save some space and performance
- do you plan to delete events? In case you do, graph API will remove hanging edges for you

Luigi

--

---

Enrico Di Marco

Jun 3, 2015, 10:20:45 AM6/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
is there any sample code or gist that show how to create a function wich handle time serie with graph api triggered by vertex creation?

i think this is a common pattern

thank you

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Jun 5, 2015, 5:08:31 AM6/5/15