javassist Nullpointer Exception in OObjectProxyMethodHandler

Ioannis

Nov 2, 2015, 9:52:10 AM11/2/15
to OrientDB
Hi guys,

I tried to recompile a project today that used to work just fine, and I am getting the following exception:

 at com
.orientechnologies.orient.object.enhancement.OObjectEntitySerializer.checkClassRegistration(OObjectEntitySerializer.java:350)
 at com
.orientechnologies.orient.object.enhancement.OObjectEntitySerializer.isTransientField(OObjectEntitySerializer.java:291)
 at com
.orientechnologies.orient.object.enhancement.OObjectMethodFilter.isGetterMethod(OObjectMethodFilter.java:114)
 at com
.orientechnologies.orient.object.enhancement.OObjectProxyMethodHandler.invoke(OObjectProxyMethodHandler.java:114)

at bb.model.Options_$$_javassist_0.getWindowLocationX(Options_$$_javassist_0.java)
 at bb
.app.Config.initilizaOptions(Config.java:189)
 at bb
.app.Config.<init>(Config.java:183)

From what i understand something has broken in the serialization process of my options object. The error comes when i try to GET any of the attributes of the object; for example, in this exception is occurs when I call getWindowLocationX()

Here is the code I use to load the object, which worked fine in the past.

    static public synchronized Options getPersistentOptions() {

OObjectDatabaseTx oOdb = bb.odb.ObjectOrientDb.getDbFromPool();

Options result = null;

try {

OObjectIteratorClass iter = oOdb.browseClass(Options.class);

if (iter.hasNext()) {
                result
= (Options) iter.next();

System.out.println("Loaded options ORID: " + result.getId().toString());

} else { //No object }

} finally {
            oOdb
.close();

}

return result;

}

I tried rebuilding the database from scratch, and it was built successfully, but the error keeps coming. Therefore I think the bug is on the client side..

I am using Orientdb 2.1.3

Any ideas? Thanks :)
Ioannis

Ioannis

Nov 4, 2015, 5:11:14 PM11/4/15
to OrientDB

Still hitting my head on the wall with this one.. if anybody has any any idea how this could start happening out of the blue and without any changes in the code, please let me know :)

Luca Garulli

Nov 4, 2015, 7:43:05 PM11/4/15
to OrientDB
Hei Ioannis,
Before to check deeper, have you tried last 2.1.5 GA?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--

---

M B

Nov 5, 2015, 1:18:16 PM11/5/15
to OrientDB
I logged this a few days ago with a suggested fix.

Someone had reported it earlier as well as this:

Ioannis

Nov 9, 2015, 8:49:51 AM11/9/15
to OrientDB
Hi Luca,

Just tried with 2.1.5 and the javassist nullpointer keeps happening :(

I am researching MB's posts, as it seems to be the exact same problem. I am running Windows 7, btw.

Ioannis

Ioannis

Dec 1, 2015, 4:11:58 PM12/1/15
to OrientDB

I think you committed a fix three days ago Luca.

So, it should make it in 2.1.7?