OrientDB and AWS

Andrew HERRAULT

Jan 29, 2015, 4:04:14 AM1/29/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody !

I would like to know if someone used OrientDB in Amazon Web Services for having a feedback.

Which server you use, if the costs are corrects, if the sharding and replication are not a problem, etc...

Or if you can simply recommend me an EC2 configuration.

I must be able to deal with :

  • a very big capacity of datas
    If we can start with 1 To for be quiet before start to shard, i think it will be appreciable.

  • very many requests.

But for start, we don't want to pay too much money, because we are waiting to see if the project will interest many people before upgrading to better configuration.

Or maybe it will be possible to start with a lite configuration, and replicate this instance in the future with a bigger, then kill the lite instance ?

Thanks a lot !