Full text index on all fields

Craig Berry

Feb 20, 2015, 3:29:43 AM2/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to easily create a full text index across all fields of a document?

I want to work in a schema-less mode so I can't assign a text index to specific fields; I just want to be able to run a text search across all fields in my document.

Or am I going to have to create a special 'text' field and copy all my content into that I want to be indexed, thus duplicating all my data in a document? That or replicate the document to a completely separate index system such as Elastic.

Seems like one area that Mongo might have an edge?

TIA

Craig

ste...@activitystream.com

Feb 20, 2015, 4:22:15 AM2/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is not.

I think some improvements, that might allow you todo that, are on the roadmap for 2.1.

We have subclassed the Lucene indexer to achieve something along these lines (not all fields though) but it's too specific to be of use outside our codebase (sorry).

I can tell your that doing it was not hard but I would much prefer it not to be custom made.

Regards,
  -Stefan