ETL to import edges and vertices from one json file?

Charles Bandes

Feb 6, 2015, 9:36:53 PM2/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I am working on a graph based on data from an existing API. Each node returned from the API contains its own adjacency list of 'friends' and 'enemies'

So I would have an source file that looks something like this:

{
id
: 1,
name
: "Godzilla",
type
: "Lizard",
size
: "Enormous",
friends
: [2,3,4,5],
enemies
: [6,7,8,9]
},
{
id
: 6,
name
: "Bambi",
type
: "Woodland Creature",
size
: "Small",
friends
enemies
: [1]
}

What I'd like to do is create both the vertices and edges in a single ETL import - is that possible? I didn't really see any examples of something like this in the documentation, though I'm pretty green to the concepts here and might've missed something obvious.

Charles Bandes

Feb 14, 2015, 5:10:20 PM2/14/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Luca answered this in another thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/orient-database/Fr5zHjQd8KE
(I double-posted because I wasn't verified yet)