Are RIDs recycled?

Darren Blaber

Apr 6, 2015, 1:12:39 PM4/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I am using a plocal remote db, and am trying to have multiple threads query a cluster(entire cluster) for high throughput. I am trying to query different sections of the cluster at the same time,  by checking the rid and setting LIMIT in multiple threads. My question is if rids are deleted and added, will the old rids be reused? If they are not reused, this means that countClusterElements() is not the same as the last RID correct? Is there a way of trying to do what I am doing (Essentially parallel scan in mongodb)?

Luca Garulli

Apr 6, 2015, 1:15:18 PM4/6/15
to orient-database
Hi,
RIDs are never recycled, but always incremented. WDYM for Parallel Scan?

Lvc@

On 6 April 2015 at 14:12, Darren Blaber <dmb...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using a plocal remote db, and am trying to have multiple threads query a cluster for high throughput. I am trying to query different sections of the cluster at the same time,  by checking the rid and setting LIMIT in multiple threads. My question is if rids are deleted and added, will the old rids be reused? If they are not reused, this means that countClusterElements() is not the same as the last RID correct? Is there a way of trying to do what I am doing (Essentially parallel scan in mongodb)?

--

---

Darren Blaber

Apr 7, 2015, 9:04:29 AM4/7/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca, thanks for the speedy response! What I mean is the ability to fetch an entire cluster, by fetching multiple sections of it concurrently. This is the decription in mongodb: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/command/parallelCollectionScan/ "Allows applications to use multiple parallel cursors when reading all the documents from a collection, thereby increasing throughput."..."Each cursor provides access to the return of a partial set of documents from a collection. Iterating each cursor returns every document in the collection. Cursors do not contain the results of the database command". I am looking to do something similar, and way I was going to do it was get the element count in a cluster and have threads each execute a querying with an RID range.If rids are not recycled, that will not work well.  Is there a quick way of getting the last RID in a cluster?