Bug? - 'from' word in server-side function calls

cr0xfyre

May 20, 2015, 7:03:41 AM5/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone! I've found an annoying problem when using server-sided functions:

Function printText is a server-side function that receives a text and simply returns it.

select printText('Hello world!') works fine, but

select printText('Hello from the world!') throws the error:

--> com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OCommandExecutionException: Class 'THE' was not found in current database [ONetworkProtocolHttpDb]
2015-05-20 12:50:55:294 SEVERE Internal server error:
com
.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OQueryParsingException: Error on parsing query
Query:  world!')
------^

I'm guessing the 'from' keyword is being detected inside the argument string...

Is this a bug or feature? How do I work around it when I want to pass arbitrary text to a function (that can have or not the 'from' word) ?

Best,
cr0xfyre

Luigi Dell'Aquila

May 20, 2015, 7:06:19 AM5/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi cr0xfyre,

which version? I remember I worked on this some time ago...

Luigi

--

---

cr0xfyre

May 20, 2015, 7:24:37 AM5/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using version 2.0.

cr0xfyre

cr0xfyre

May 22, 2015, 11:19:35 AM5/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Can you verify this has been fixed in a later version?

cr0x

Luigi Dell'Aquila

May 22, 2015, 11:41:57 AM5/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cr0x

I tried it in 2.1-snapshot and it works fine. The fix was also back-ported to 2.0.x, so you will also find it in 2.0.10

Luigi

cr0xfyre

May 22, 2015, 12:08:05 PM5/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com