Cannot start OrientDB 2.1.9

Hung Tran

Jan 15, 2016, 9:02:18 PM1/15/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have rebuilt the 2.1.9 myself, and the build is success, but i get an error at 1st run. I see the engine is trying to look for a free port, and acquired port 2428 and 2484 successfully, I am not sure why port 2424 and 2480 are busy, but my ubuntu 14.04 is just a fresh server one.

Any help will be very appreciated!

My Best,
Hung Tran

scott molinari

Jan 16, 2016, 1:50:33 AM1/16/16
to OrientDB
You can see if the ports are being used and with which application with

netstat -tuplen

Scott

Hung Tran

Jan 16, 2016, 4:40:15 AM1/16/16
to OrientDB
Hi Scott,

Here is what i see

Is there any clue?

My Best,
Hung Tran

scott molinari

Jan 17, 2016, 7:15:05 AM1/17/16
to OrientDB
Looks like you have some java applications already running on the ports ODB needs. Should ODB be the only Java program to run on this server? If so, I'd reboot and then restart ODB (if it isn't already set up as a service).

Scott