EXPLAIN for gremlin

ky...@ovguideinc.com

Mar 23, 2015, 6:29:59 PM3/23/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
1) Is there any way to get query explanations for gremlin queries like EXPLAIN does for osql?

2) My understanding is that gremlin queries are translated into osql queries, is there any way to see this translation? It would be helpful for performance tuning and learning osql.

Natal Kaplya

Mar 29, 2015, 9:12:35 PM3/29/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
1. All you need is to append gremlin query by .toString() and it will print pipes order.
2. No, gremlin queries can not be translated to osql(actually, gremlin allows you make such queries, that you cant do with osql). Gremlin queries are executed by built-in gremlin module that wrap it into blueprints pipes(Java), also gremlin supports Groovy engine(and this language specific syntax).

For tuning you would better look here.

ky...@ovguideinc.com

Apr 6, 2015, 5:08:33 PM4/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, what I'm most curious about is being able to tell what indices were used during a gremlin traversal, is there any way to tell if an index was used by gremlin?