Strict schema graph mode and Lightweight edges

Riccardo Tasso

Aug 25, 2015, 11:18:03 AM8/25/15
to OrientDB
Hi,
   I decided to try the strict schema in graph mode.

First of all I have not clear if there is some performance benefit using a schema-full database or it is just a matter of modelling.

Then, assuming I am working in lightweight edge mode, I would like to know if there is a command of this kind:
CREATE EDGE TYPE myLabel FROM SourceClasss TO DestinationClass CARDINALITY_CONSTRAINT
Which will be automatically translated in something like:
CREATE PROPERTY SourceClass.out_myLabel LINK|LINKLIST|LINKSET
CREATE PROPERTY
DestinationClass.in_myLabel LINK|LINKLIST|LINKSET

I think this command is important since who's working with lightweight edges should never know about out_* and in_* properties. There is alsoa practical interest on this, since I think it's simpler and less error prone.

What do you think about it?

Cheers,
   Riccardo

Luca Garulli

Aug 25, 2015, 8:21:38 PM8/25/15
to OrientDB
Hi Riccardo,
I like your idea. WDYT about creating a new issue with the proposal for the new commands?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--