'query execution time' meaning

Mihai Bucica

Sep 30, 2018, 6:36:12 PM9/30/18
to OrientDB

Hello,

The query execution time in OrientDB Studio(or console.sh w/remote mode) seems to be computed locally in browser and will roughly be 'server execution time for query' + 'network latency' (RTT)

Many times when working from my personal laptop against cloud hosted OrientDB instance means having network latency for hundreds milliseconds....and for a long time I thought OrientDB is really slow.

So when trying  to optimize queries running them from the same machine where OrientDB server runs makes a big difference.

Wouldn't be more easy for the server to send in query response something like 'server execution time for query' ?

Thanks,

Mihai