Large DB size

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 6:05:02 AM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a DB of 1 milllion vertices in Table A which has 4 edges to four other tables. All the 4 tables don't have records greater than 100,000.
The total DB size is 1GB. I use only Lightweight edges.

Is there a way to reduce the DB size.

Kalatheeswaran

Andrey Lomakin

Jul 6, 2015, 11:05:31 AM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You may perform export/import of database it will reduce size of database.

--

---

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 11:11:42 AM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your reply

Is it due to increasing versions due to creation of edges.

I can't export/import because we are handling data in magnitudes higher than the one specified.

Regards
Kalatheeswaran

Andrey Lomakin

Jul 6, 2015, 11:13:44 AM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
To understand exactly what consumes space on your disk could you provide names of files in database  and their sizes ?

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 11:18:11 AM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Please provide me some time. I have to recreate the db for the 1 million to show the stats.

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 11:55:33 AM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have attached the image containing files and their sizes ordered from largest size.

If you need I can provide the remaining files too, but they are all small

I have created 2 tables with 1 million records in one table and 215,098 records in the other.

I have created edges for the records from 1 million table to the other table.

The total size of the DB is 559 MB for 1 edge. I have used the normal edge here.

Thanks & Regards
Kalatheeswaran
DBsize.PNG

Andrey Lomakin

Jul 6, 2015, 1:27:01 PM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean for 1 edge ?

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 1:31:09 PM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I mean an edge exists between the vertices of class Answer4Rpt to class SurveyParticipant

Andrey Lomakin

Jul 6, 2015, 1:40:01 PM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
But it does not mean that you have only one edge in database , is it correct ?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:31 PM Kalatheeswaran TM <tmkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I mean an edge exists between the vertices of class Answer4Rpt to class SurveyParticipant

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 2:07:19 PM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
No totally I have 996,045 edges in the database

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 6, 2015, 2:07:57 PM7/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
This is almost 1 edge per 1 vertex of answer4rpt class

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 7, 2015, 7:58:59 AM7/7/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Any replies please!