Is it possible to filter on multiple indexed properties in one query

fbrb...@carqualifier.com

Apr 4, 2015, 8:10:34 AM4/4/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to filter in a single query on multiple independent indexes ?
If I have
select  from dealer
WHERE city = 'wellington'
AND name = 'james'

where each city and name are separate indexes,  is it possible to query on it and orientdb use both of the indexes ?   Currently when running explain I see only one index being used, is it possible for orient to use both ?

I know that I can use compound indexes but in my real case scenario I am trying to query both the lucene spatial and nounique index and I can't compound those.

Thanks

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Apr 7, 2015, 2:17:56 AM4/7/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

current query executor cannot handle multiple indexes for multiple AND clauses.
To do this you have to use a simple trick: execute two subqueries with LET assignment and then use intersect() function.
eg.

select intersect($a, $b)
let
$a = (<subquery1>),
$b = (<subquery2>)

--

---

Deepika Mewara

Jun 28, 2019, 10:23:09 AM6/28/19
to OrientDB
Hi Luigi,
I wanted to know if orientDB 3.0 and greater support multiple indexes now?