Issue with Adding Edge. OSerializationException

Emeka Kanu

Jun 11, 2015, 7:17:41 PM6/11/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Orient DB Version - 2.0 and 2.0.10

I have the following snippet of Code

Object objectB = ......; //comes in as a request

OrientVertex bVertex = graph.addVertex("class:BVertex");

List<String> tags = objectB.getTags();

for(String tag : tags){

//A private method which retrieves the vertex
Vertex tagVertex = getTagVertex(graph, someVertexKey);

graph.addEdge(null,tagVertex, bVertex , "tag");

}

I get the following error

Caused by: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OSerializationException: Impossible serialize value of type class com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.record.OTrackedList with the ODocument binary serializer

Can anyone tell me why this is happening.

PS, I upgraded to 2.0.10, and then back down to 2.0 since 1.7.9 was no longer available on AWS, but now I am losing faith.

alessand...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2015, 3:47:16 AM6/12/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   the method getTags() is undefined for the type Object.
   Can you post all code ?

   Regards,
   Alessandro

Emeka Kanu

Jun 13, 2015, 2:36:28 AM6/13/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This issue has now been resolved. The problem was not the edges, it was actually an issue with an embedded list which was wrongly reported by my debugger as an issue with the edges. I have fixed the problem by converting into a list of vertices and embedding that.

Thank you