Possibile bug in OIndexFullText, please help me reproducing it

Riccardo Tasso

Mar 4, 2015, 11:36:43 AM3/4/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've found something very strange with automatic entry insertion inside a FULLTEXT index ( OIndexFullText ).
The bug is with plocal engine and both with Orient 1.7.10 and 2.0.4.

I know your focus is on lucene indices now, but I can't migrate to lucene in my application right now. Anyway I think that FULLTEXT index are simple and useful in some cases.

I have a hierarchy of classes with properties, some of them are:
CREATE PROPERTY V.title STRING;
[...]
CREATE CLASS Generated EXTENDS V;
[...]
CREATE CLASS Media EXTENDS Generated;
[...]
CREATE CLASS Contribution EXTENDS Media;

I have a index on V, created right after schema creation and before data insertion:
CREATE INDEX V-label-fulltext ON V (label) FULLTEXT METADATA { indexRadix : false }

After this phase I start inserting some vertices and edges.

The bug is as follows (I will explain with OSQL but insertion is done by API within my app):
// step 1
INSERT INTO Contribution(title) VALUES("alfa beta");
SELECT FROM Contribution WHERE title containsText 'alfa'
// returns correctly one result

// step 2
INSERT INTO Contribution(title) VALUES("gamma delta");
SELECT FROM Contribution WHERE title containsText 'gamma'
// returns correctly one result

// step 3
INSERT INTO Contribution(title) VALUES("alfa iota");
SELECT FROM Contribution WHERE title containsText 'alfa'
// FAILS >> returns only one result, the same of step 1

Also closing my application and connecting to database from Orient Console I can see that inside my index there is only one entry for key "alfa".
After a rebuild of all indices all of the entries are indexed as expected.

As usual I tried to reproduce the error in a simple Unit Test to help you discover the bug but there is something missing. Inside the simple world of Unit Test the bug is not present.

Can you help me discover what's happening?

Cheers,
   Riccardo

Riccardo Tasso

Mar 11, 2015, 4:50:44 AM3/11/15