Vertex delete with problems of performance

Eduardo Lima

Feb 2, 2023, 8:49:56 AM2/2/23
to OrientDB
I'm having a problem when executing deletion processes of V classes (vertices) via HTTP Resquest through the command:

'{
  "command": "DELETE VERTEX EnderecoUnico WHERE @rid=:ridEnderecoUnico",
  "parameters": {
    "ridEnderecoUnico": "#':NullToEmpty(LnkIn.ridEnderecoUnico):'"
  }
}'

About 5.000 records to be deleted in one vertex, many of these records start to fail with the following error message: "Read time out" and access to orientdstudio is blocked because of this processing in progress.

I already tried to execute the delete commands with the options "LIMIT" and "BATCH" without success

'{
  "command": "DELETE VERTEX EnderecoUnico WHERE @rid=:ridEnderecoUnico LIMIT 100",

  "command": "DELETE VERTEX EnderecoUnico WHERE @rid=:ridEnderecoUnico BATCH 10",
  "parameters": {
    "ridEnderecoUnico": "#':NullToEmpty(LnkIn.ridEnderecoUnico):'"
  }
}'

It still take a very long time.

Do you know how can I solve the performance issue?

Eduardo Lima

Feb 7, 2023, 10:28:00 AM2/7/23
to OrientDB
Do you know how can I solve the performance issue?