Random functionality

瀏覽次數:70 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Josh Harrison

未讀,
2015年8月28日 中午12:00:442015/8/28
收件者:OrientDB
I've seen a number of posts over the months/years asking about the implementation of a random order sorter, so that I can randomize the sorting of the results I get back. (SELECT FROM document ORDER BY RANDOM or similar syntax) Many of them refer to this appearing in 2.1.
I'm on 2.1 - is this feature present? What is the syntax?
Is there support for easily adding "ORDER BY xyz" function support? Any examples of this, if so?

Josh Harrison

未讀,
2015年9月4日 下午4:16:502015/9/4
收件者:OrientDB
This would really be a major win for us, right now we're having to do some artificial windowing to get random edges and the performance is sorta terrible. Devs, anything you can point me to here?

MV-dev1

未讀,
2015年9月7日 清晨5:26:022015/9/7
收件者:OrientDB
OK - first, take this information with a grain of salt because I'm new to OrientDb and haven't actually rolled out a successful release but.....

Thought #1:  Get 'Groovy' with it....

I've been reading all the ways you can write server functions (store procedures) and one is Groovy which seems to relate to or also be called 'Gremlin' or 'TinkerPop' or 'Blueprints'.

https://github.com/tinkerpop/blueprints/wiki/OrientDB-Implementation - "Blueprints is the default Java API for OrientDB, so you don’t need to include additional modules. For more information look at OrientDB Blueprints API."

I ran across this 'Coin Step' yesterday when scanning the TinkerPop3 documentation.

From http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/docs/3.0.0-incubating/#coin-step

Coin Step

To randomly filter out a traverser, use the coin()-step (filter). The provided double argument biases the "coin toss."

e.g.  gremlin> g.V().coin(0.5)

Order Step

When the objects of the traversal stream need to be sorted, order()-step (map) can be leveraged.

I noticed 'shuffle' -- "Randomizing the order of the traversers at a particular point in the traversal is possible with Order.shuffle."

e.g. gremlin> g.V().hasLabel('person').order().by(shuffle)

Groovy statements do work as server functions so maybe this is something that you could use?