Server side functions

Diaa ElKott

Apr 21, 2015, 1:52:47 PM4/21/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone:

I was wondering if someone could share with me a tutorial on how to create server-side functions in OrientDB. The lecture on this topic in the Getting Started OrientDB course assumes a pre-existing function "createPerson()" within the example databases, and builds on it. Unfortunately, this code does not actually exist in the sample databases.

Thanks in advance for your help, and have a nice day.

Diaa

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Apr 22, 2015, 2:39:52 AM4/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diaa,

if you are implementing your functions in Javascript you can refer to this

To implement functions in Java, instead, you have to implement OSQLFunction interface and register functions in the database using db.getMetadata().getFunctionLibrary(). You can see this as an example

Hope it helps

Luigi

--

---

Diaa ElKott

Apr 22, 2015, 11:26:18 AM4/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Luigi:

Thanks a lot for your respose; this is most helpful, and I really appreciate it.

Have a great day.

Diaa