What are the options to prevent a cycle in a graph?

Erik T

Jan 26, 2017, 11:38:55 AM1/26/17
to OrientDB
Hello,

I'm curious what are the preferred options to create a structure that prevents cycles in an Orient graph database. I'm aware there is a way to make a schema but that could be a lot of code that could be difficult to test but there is also TinkerPop frames which could be easier to read but seems more work than an Orient schema. Are these the only two options? What are the pros and cons?

Ideally, I would enforce a tree structure since that's what I'm actually modeling. I don't know if that's easier or more difficult than preventing cycles though. Which way is better?