ODB download links on orientdb.com

Ata Annamamedov

Oct 16, 2015, 4:11:59 AM10/16/15
to OrientDB
Hi!

Download links on http://orientdb.com/download/ are redirected for downloads statistics collection, I believe.
More than often, you want to download from linux terminal and here I often face with some troubles.

First is that for those who are not advanced linux "sysops" it takes extra time to remember parameters of `curl` to be applied.
Second - there is some problem with script, since it is returning "Missing parameter" error, when you are trying to "curl" it in usual way.

Actually, the way for work around for now is to delete email parameter from the URL (attempts to fix this parameter with real email address don't help).
Something like this works:

But one have to remember this, trying to download new version once in a few months period.

I believe it might be good idea to fix the script and add some note on the website's "download page" on how to make it within linux terminal interface.
Even I giving up sometimes, when it doesn't download promptly, as expected (normally was downloading latest snapshots from oss.sonatype, but there are no updates for more than two months there).

With best regards,
Ata

W. Craig Trader

Oct 16, 2015, 1:59:03 PM10/16/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I use the following shell script to download the binary and source for each release:

#! /bin/bash

release=${1}
storage=${HOME}/Software/orientdb

# Community release
wget -O ${storage}/orientdb-community-${release}.tar.gz "${binary}?file=orientdb-community-${release}.tar.gz"

# Source release
wget -O ${storage}/orientdb-community-${release}-src.tar.gz "${source}/${release}.tar.gz"

Just pass in the release number (eg: 2.1.4) on the command line.

- Craig -

--

---

Ata Annamamedov

Oct 17, 2015, 7:45:08 AM10/17/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Craig, it is neat! Thank you very much!

I see, that you are also omitting "email" parameter for download script, so be it.

Thanks!