Interesting edge handling

kova...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 9:50:36 AM6/1/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

I would like to ask you a question, or at least if you have seen similar:
I have the following structure:
User --OwnsGroup--> Group --HasSubGroup--> Group

Consider this example:
User1 --OwnsGroup--> Group1
Group1--HasSubGroup-->Group2
Group1--HasSubGroup-->Group3

At least that's what I created. When querying the data of the HasSubGroup edges all the vertices are correct (I mean their direction).

But when I query "traverse * from User where name = "User1" " it indicates that the User1 has 1 outgoing edge to Group1.
And then Group1 has 1 incoming and 1 outgoing edge, one to Group2, the other to Group3.

Why could it be?
Checking the rids of the edges / vertices everything seems to be just fine.
And then when traversing it indicates the wrong direction (even from gremlin too).
I get the same result when executing a gremlin query: I can't traverse in loop the OUT edges, since one that should be OUT edge, is an IN edge.

Has anybody experienced such a thing before?

alessand...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 10:35:41 AM6/1/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you can explain better, because I don't understand what you want to achieve from the query.

Bye, Alessandro

kova...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 10:44:30 AM6/1/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Whatever query I'm running, it doesn't really matter. Let's say I'm just running a traverse * from node like query.
If I have a look at all the vertices and edges the in, out rids indicate that all the directions are set up correctly.
But when I'm trying to traverse the nodes, for the traverse one edge's direction seems to be inverted.

kova...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 11:06:33 AM6/1/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I think I got it. For the first time I created the edge with a wrong direction, then I edited it, change the in and out vertices.
The changes showed up on the frontend (studio) but not elsewhere. Can it be a bug?

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Jun 1, 2015, 11:42:30 AM6/1/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

how did you modify the in/out? Did you manually edit the edge document?
In this case now you have dirty data on the vertices.
There are two open issues on this:

Luigi

--

---