Orient Db Internals And Performance

Harinder Singh

Mar 11, 2022, 11:04:29 AM3/11/22
to OrientDB
Hi,

I needed some clarity on Orient Db internals particularly how does the document <-> graph mapping is being done.

Is it correct to assume that a Document is a Vertex with all its key-value pairs being stored as properties of that vertex.

Will it only store the record Id in Vertex and the actual memory allocated to the property will be somewhere else.

We have a requirement where needed to establish relationship between heavy docs.
Like one 500 kb parent document having 10 another 500kb child, no reading all the data in a single shot along-with all documents , will it have any impact on performance.

Regards :
Harinder Singh