"create edge" "select from" <-- Possible w/out crashing for a large data?

已查看 40 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

MV-dev1

未读,
2015年9月16日 21:12:582015/9/16
收件人 OrientDB
I'm trying to create edges from data that's already in my database.

I've tried exhaustively in.

1) SQL (browse or console)
2) Java api
3) JavaScript api but much less than with above

Something like...

CREATE EDGE studies FROM (SELECT FROM person WHERE person.age < 20 AND out('studies').size() == 0) TO #15:1

And let's say I have 100M rows....

I crash because of the GC, I crash the heap, I crash because.....   My debug console looks like I'm watching the Matrix -- it's always been a little disconcerting for me to see this for what should be simple requests.

I can add a limit and it will go further but I'd have to call it 100k times to get everything completed and that would take 2 days based on the performance that I see.

CREATE EDGE studies FROM (SELECT FROM person WHERE person.age < 20 AND out('studies').size() == 0 LIMIT 10000) TO #15:1

And calling it a bunch of times in console crashes the GC so that I have to stop and restart.

Is there another way to do this?  Suggestions on my query?  Suggestions on some optimization?

V2.1.1 - 16 GB RAM

alessand...@gmail.com

未读,
2015年9月21日 08:04:532015/9/21
收件人 OrientDB
Hi,
did you enter an index on the age field ?

Alessandro

Luca Garulli

未读,
2015年9月21日 12:21:352015/9/21
收件人 OrientDB

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--

---

Luca Garulli

未读,
2015年9月21日 12:29:532015/9/21
收件人 OrientDB
Fixed. Now the CREATE EDGE command supports BATCH, like MOVE VERTEX. By default now is 100, to allow to run even with low RAM.

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

回复全部