Exclusive lock issue

Hung Tran

Jan 15, 2015, 3:12:29 AM1/15/15

At the moment, when a record is locked exclusively, other connections are pending to read it. Is there a solution to work around of it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Best,
Hung Tran

Dobi

Jan 15, 2015, 7:29:23 AM1/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To add to the above question - what happens when multiple threads try to read the same data.

I was going through the documentation and noticed the following information

  • LOCK manage the locking strategy. By default is "default", that means release the lock once the record is read, while "record" means to keep the record locked in exclusive mode in current transaction till the transaction has been finished by a commit or rollback operation

Are the records locked for read? If yes, what is the recommended strategy to allow multiple threads to read the data.
Is it optimistic locking?
There are multiple business scenario in our application where we access the same record for read.
Just to give some background we have migrated from RDBMS and in the new paradigm we were were wondering if it is a bad design to allow multiple threads to access the same record?

Best Regards,
Dobi

Jing Chen

Jan 15, 2015, 12:48:33 PM1/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
We also have some locking issues in our application. We couldn't figure out the causes from the error message. It would be nice if the OritentDB team can provide detailed documentation ( in both SQL and Document API level)about the locking strategy, and what are the recommended implementations for concurrent reading and/or writing. I think it is a critical piece of information for developers who use OrientDB in a server application.

Thanks,
Jing