SUPERCLASS NULL

Luca Donazzon

Jan 17, 2016, 4:34:45 AM1/17/16
to OrientDB
I'm tring to remove superclass from a class. Manual says "NULL to remove it." but it gives me this error: "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Superclass is null"

Here an example code:
- create class test extends V
- alter class test superclass NULL

What's wrong?

Thanks
Luca

Luca Donazzon

Jan 17, 2016, 4:39:20 AM1/17/16
to OrientDB
OrientDB release: orientdb-community-2.1.9

scott molinari

Jan 17, 2016, 7:35:44 AM1/17/16
to OrientDB
The command that works is:

ALTER CLASS test SUPERCLASS -V

Where in the docs does it say to use "Null"?

Scott

alessand...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2016, 3:54:02 AM1/18/16
to OrientDB
Hi,
the documentation says:

Remove a super-class:
orientdb> ALTER CLASS Employee SUPERCLASS -Person

This feature was introduced in version 2.1.

You can look the documentation at the following link

lu...@emaxsrl.com

Jan 18, 2016, 4:20:02 AM1/18/16
to OrientDB
Hi Scott,
here is where it says to use "Null":
which I thought it was the latest dos.
Yesterday I found this
so I guess it's my fault...sorry

Thanks a lot
Luca

scott molinari

Jan 18, 2016, 10:13:15 AM1/18/16
to OrientDB
Naw, the docs should be rerouting old links to the newer docs IMHO.

Maybe one of the ODB team can have a look at it. I'll write up an issue.

Scott