Null Query and Count Query take too long to execute

Hung Tran

Dec 24, 2015, 2:11:03 AM12/24/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

These queries are executed on OrientDB v1.7.8. And the Contact table only contains 110962 rows.

1/ A query with null in where take too long to complete. It usually takes 3-6 seconds.

    select from Contact where Account is null
    select from Contact where OwnedBy is null

2/ "Select count(1) from Contact" takes 3.149 second

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

alessand...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2015, 4:04:04 AM12/24/15
to OrientDB
Hi,
did you insert an index on the field account ?

Kind regards,
Alessandro

Hung Tran

Dec 24, 2015, 6:54:40 AM12/24/15
to OrientDB
Hi Alessandro,

No, I don't create any index on a Link property but have indices on others

Here is Contact structure

My Best,
Hung Tran
Message has been deleted

alessand...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2015, 8:32:49 AM12/24/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
indexes do not support null values as you can see at http://orientdb.com/docs/2.1/Indexes.html#indexes-and-null-values

Try with CREATE INDEX Contact.account ON Contact (account) NOTUNIQUE_HASH_INDEX METADATA {ignoreNullValues: false}

Alessandro

Luca Garulli

Dec 24, 2015, 7:27:28 PM12/24/15
to OrientDB
If you want also to index NULL values, you should enable it:

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--

---

Hung Tran

Dec 28, 2015, 8:13:41 AM12/28/15
to OrientDB
Hi,

Thank Alessandro, it's working perfectly with NULL query, but COUNT query seems to be not working

Any help will be very appreciated!

My Best,
Hung Tran

Hung Tran

Dec 28, 2015, 8:14:44 AM12/28/15
to OrientDB
Hi,

Thank Luca, it's working perfectly with NULL query, but COUNT query seems to be not working (it took 8.85 seconds, see my photo above)

My Best,
Hung Tran