Auto-Failover

Shahram

May 6, 2015, 12:59:53 PM5/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me.

I have configured an OrientdB cluster with two nodes.

Node1: Ubuntu15.04 on my Laptop
Node2: Ubuntu15.04 on my Desktop

I connected locally to the OrientDB server on the first node through the OrientDB console. Now, I kill the OrientDB server process on Node1. I expect to continue querying through the console on the first node. But I Cannot!!! It says all the database connections are closed!!!!

Thanks
Shahram

Colin

May 6, 2015, 3:59:35 PM5/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahram,

How are you connecting to the database when using the console?  Could you provide your connection string here please?

Can you see Node1 and Node2 communicating when both servers are running?

Thanks,

-Colin

Orient Technologies

The Company behind OrientDB

Shahram

May 6, 2015, 4:06:54 PM5/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin,
I connect by issuing "connect remote:<ip>/DBname user pass"

I am fighting with this from this morning.

Thanks
Shahram

Colin

May 6, 2015, 6:00:31 PM5/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahram,

Would you mind providing your distributed-config.json file from each node's database folder for me to look at?

Thanks,

-Colin

Shahram

May 6, 2015, 9:57:36 PM5/6/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin,

Sure. Attached are the required files.

Kind regards,
Shahram
N2-distributed-config.json
N1-distributed-config.json

Colin

May 7, 2015, 10:37:51 AM5/7/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahram,

Your N1-distributed-config.json has two extra nodes in the wildcard cluster list: Ubuntu15.04-PC and Ubuntu15.04-Laptop2.

Are you able to see your two machines talking upon distributed startup?

Thanks,

-Colin

Shahram

May 7, 2015, 10:47:02 AM5/7/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin,

Yes. I see their communication. Actually, replication is almost working (I will tell you some of the existing problems after coming up with this problem). Regarding those extra node names, yesterday, I added (just for testing) some virtual nodes to the cluster. But right now I am working just with the two aforementioned nodes.

Kind regards,
Shahram

Shahram

May 8, 2015, 10:53:06 AM5/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Just wondering whether this is a bug or not, and whether I should submit it as an issue in Github?

Shahram

Colin

May 8, 2015, 11:59:53 AM5/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahram,

I don't know. :)  What's the current issue you're facing?  I don't think you ever followed-up with what you found.

-Colin

Shahram

May 8, 2015, 12:05:00 PM5/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin,

As I said before, I have still the same problem with auto-failover in OrientDB.

Thanks,
Shahram