function call does not work from oriento

Roger Gajraj

Jun 23, 2015, 7:16:02 PM6/23/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
No updates to orientdb-community-2.0.10 database are made when function is called from Oriento within nodejs.

I have created a function, myFunction, within studio and it works by adding items to a linklist field called ponections belonging to a vertex of class "Post" having @rid=#13:53 :

return db.command("sql", "update #13:53 ADD ponections = [#13:57, #13:53] ");

The function works completely, by adding the data to the "ponections" field, whenever I call it from within studio returning:
{

"result": [

{

"@type": "d",

"@version": 0,

"value": 1

}

],

"notification": "Query executed in 0.075 sec. Returned 1 record(s)"
}

However, when I call it from oriento using nodejs like so:

db.select('myFunction()').all()

.then(function (r) {
                console
.log('response: ', r);

});

.. it returns the same values as when called from studio:
[ { '@type': 'd', myFunction: 1, '@rid': { cluster: -2, position: 1 } } ]

BUT NO UPDATES TO THE ponections field of record #13:53 are actually made.

How can I fix this?

Roger Gajraj

Jun 23, 2015, 7:24:48 PM6/23/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

Luca Garulli

Jun 24, 2015, 6:56:50 PM6/24/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Did you declare you function as idempotent?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
CEO at Orient Technologies LTD
the Company behind OrientDB